The old Finney Avenue school was an emelentary school in the SW section of the City. The building was located at 305 Wealthy St SW and seems to have first housed the J. Morgan Smith Memorial Congregational church. This can be seen in the 1895 Sanborn maps. At some point the building was purchased by the Grand Rapids School Board. Later the building also housed the True Light Baptist Church. The building was demolished in 1977.